Real Salt Lake vs DC United:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Saturday, July 2, 2016
Kick-off: 3:30 UK Time
Venue: Rio Tinto Stadium (Utah).
Real Salt Lake will aim to go close to the table toppers in the MLS Western Conference when they host DC United on Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium.
The Lakers were hit with a blow last weekend as FC Dallas ended their 4 game unbeaten run after a 2-0 defeat away at FC Dallas, they were without a bite against Dallas as they failed to register a shot on target. also they were kicked out of the US Open Cup round of 16 in the mid week via a (4-1) penalty shoot-out after their game with Seattle Sounders ended in 1-1 stalemate. They 3rd in the Western Conference table with 17 points having won 8 games, lost 5 and drawn 3.
DC United got a relieve last weekend as they grabbed a 2-0 home victory over the New England Revolution which made it 2 clean sheets in 2 games for DC United keeping them 5th in the Eastern Conference table same points (20) with 6th placed Orlando City. They will hope for another win in this game to keep them strong.
- The Lakers are good at home in front of their fans, they are undefeated in 10 of their last 11 home games in all competitions, they have won 8 and drawn 2.
- The Lakers have one of the best offensive records this season with 27 goals in their last 16 league matches.
- Also the Lakers defense is poor having conceded 26 goals from 16 league games.
- DC United’s defence has helped them a lot this season, having let in 16 goals from 16 league games which is one of the best defence in the MLS this season.
- Also DC United are struggling in front of goal, they have score only 16 goals from 16 league games.
- DC Unite has a poor away form, having won just a game in their last 7 away games
Real Salt Lake: Team News
Emery Welshman is the only missing players for the team, as he is out on injury.
Real Salt Lake: Predicted Line-up
Attinella – Phillips, Maund, Glad, Beltran – Mulholland, Morales, Beckerman – Plata, Movsisyan, Martinez.
DC United: Team News
Have a handful of missing players, Andrew Dykstra, Chris Korb, Collin Martin, Chris Rolfe, Patrick Nyarko are all out on injury. They have no suspended player.
DC United: Predicted Line-up
Hamid – Kemp, Opare, Robinson, Franklin – DeLeon, Sarvas, Acosta – Espindola, Saborio, Neagle.
Real Salt Lake vs DC United: Head-to-Head stats
Games between the two teams have been a tough one, but DC United have won most of their recent games. DC United have won 4 of their last 6 games, while Real Salt Lake have won 2 of their last 6 meetings.
Real Salt Lake vs DC United: Prediction
The Lakers home form this season have been superb having won 5 of their last 6 MLS home games, they are in a good home form and are the favourites compared to their opponent who have failed to win in 12 of their last 13 MLS away games though they have lost only 1 in their last 6 away games and drawn the rest.
I’m predicting a win for the home team but I expect both teams to get on the score sheet. I predict a 3-1 win for Real Salt Lake.
1. Home team win
2. Both teams to score
3. Over 2.5 goals