Real Madrid vs Espanyol
Spanish La Liga
Date: Saturday, 22 September 2018
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid).
Real Madrid will be hoping to return on the winning ways in La Liga when they host Espanyol in the last game of the day on Saturday evening at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.
The last term runners-up saw their maiden slip-up of the season seven days ago when they had to save a point against Athletic Bilbao away at San Mames.
It was Isco who bagged the second-half leveller to cancel Muniain’s opener for the Basques. Julen Lopetegui’s troops bounced back in mid-week, beating Roma 3-0 in front of the home crowd in the first round of the new Champions League campaign.
Isco broke the deadlock with a beautifully-taken free-kick, Gareth Bale doubled the lead, while this summer’s acquisition Mariano Diaz set the final score netting his inaugural goal since returning from Lyon.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol: Head-to-head
- Real Madrid were the dominant force in the history of head to head games against Espanyol.
- Los Blancos won 36, drew 6 and lost only 8 of 50 games against the Budgerigars,
- However, Espanyol came on top when the two teams last met each other.
- It was in late-February when the Budgerigars took a narrow 1-0 victory at their RCDE Stadium.
- Real Madrid won 11 on the bounce beforehand.
- None of past six H2H games saw goals at both ends.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol: Prediction
Espanyol opened the season in a decent fashion. They sit 4th with seven points from four games. Nevertheless, six of these seven points came from matches at RCDE Stadium. Away from home, Rubi’s men drew 1-1 to Celta Vigo and lost 2-1 to Deportivo Alaves.
We can see that Espanyol were struggling to keep things tight at the back on travels so far. Given they’ll be up against the red-hot attacking line of Real’s here, we have to go for the hosts to pick up a comprehensive victory by at least two goals difference at Santiago Bernabeu.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol: Bet Tips
HT/FT Real Madrid/Real Madrid @ 1.61 (8/13)
Real Madrid -1.5 handicap @ 1.60 (3/5).