Reading vs Huddersfield
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Madejski Stadium (Reading)
Reading is coming into this game after the 0-5 win against Luton. This was a much-needed result for them as they were struggling with a three-match winless run. But the win against a relegation team does not give them an advantage in this upcoming game. They have won only one home match in all competition in 2020 which is a stat that no team would want to have.
The away team is 20th in the table with 46 points. The last league action saw them play out a draw against Preston at home. This makes them unbeaten in two matches on the trot. So it would not be easy for Reading to get an easy win.
Reading vs Huddersfield: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have won two games each in their 5 previous meetings across all venues.
- The latest four of those matches had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts have a two-match winning run at home against this opposition.
- In the last five head to head matches, both sides found the back of the net in four games.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches as well.
Reading vs Huddersfield: Prediction
The latest away win for Huddersfield is their only win in their last six outings. They have lost four matches during that spell conceding a total of 12 goals in those games. The home record of Reading is nothing special as well. They have only one win in their 8 previous home fixtures. So I am backing this match to be a draw.
There is no doubt that this one will have goals. The hosts have given away goals in their nine recent home matches in both Cup and league. At the same time, the away team is one of the few defenses to give away 60 or more goals this season. Both of them have scored in four head to head matches here too. So we can expect both of them to get in the score sheet on Tuesday.
Reading vs Huddersfield: Betting Tips
- Match to Draw @ 3.30 (23/10).
- Both teams to score @ 1.81 (9/11).