Reading vs Brentford
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 30 June 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Madejski Stadium.
Reading is one of the most inconsistent teams in this league season. They are currently on a winless run after winning two matches back to back. With 49 points the home side is currently 14th in the table.
Bretford is a team that has upgraded themselves from previous season. The Bees who finished 21st last season, is third in the table. They have a 4 match unbeaten run going on which includes three wins on the rot. We can expect a lot of goals as the visitors are the top scorers this season.
Reading vs Brentford: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Bretford has two wins and a loss in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- They won the reverse fixture at home with a final score of 1-0.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those matches.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games as well.
- The Bees have won thrice and lost twice in their 5 recent trips to this ground.
- In three of those five games here both teams managed to score.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those games also.
Reading vs Brentford: Prediction
Bretford has one the second-best defence after toppers Leeds. They have only conceded 33 goals in the 39 games so far. But when we look at their recent matches on the road, they have cheaply given away goals in majority of them. This includes the game against Luton who is in the relegation zone.
So even though they have clean sheets in all three recent matches on the trot, I think the hosts will get goals on Tuesday.
Brentford is one of the rounded squads in this season. They have scored the most number of goals and have a defence that backs up the attack as well.
With a winning streak going on and a splendid away form, the home side will need to be at their best to snatch points. So I go with the visitors to win with both sides getting in the score sheet.
Reading vs Brentford: Betting Tips
Brentford to win @ 1.80 (4/5)
Both teams to score @ 1.90 (9/10).