Reading vs Blackburn
Date: Saturday, 21 September
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Madejski Stadium (Reading).
Reading (Royals) will be hosting their rivals Blackburn (Rovers) after losing the previous home match in their schedule. They have lost two home matches and could secure only one home win in the championship at the new edition.
Blackburn shares the same prospectus in their away matches but is at a better position than their host in the table. They are seven points ahead of the hosting contingent and are coming with a loss in the previous match in a trip on the road.
The Royals and the Rovers will lock horn to see who has better form in the game, and although the host has the home advantage they will still be on the edge seat.
Reading vs Blackburn Head-to-head (h2h)
- The teams have met fourteen times since 2006 and Rovers recorded more wins (W5 D5 L4).
- Both teams have scored goals in the last five clashes in major competitions.
- Royals are unbeaten at home in the last four years with three wins and a draw.
- Reading has three clean sheets but the home ground has seen goals at both ends in the previous two matches.
- Blackburn toppled down the host only twice since 2006 and their previous victory was in 2014.
Reading vs Blackburn Prediction
Reading has won the last three matches played here, and despite the loss, the visitor was able to find the back of the net in two of those losses. Moreover, they have both scored in their previous five overall meetings at both teams’ homes. Henceforth, there is more chance for the match to witness firework at both ends of the field.
Besides that, the host has won the last three matches against the Rovers held here. Even though the overall stats compliment the guest, Reading has excelled lately at their home against them. Meanwhile, they are currently in a poorer form compared to Rovers in championship games and their only advantage is the home ground.
As such, the match has the tendency to sway onto the host or to a draw based on the stats and the h2h in recent times.
Reading vs Blackburn Betting tips
BTTS @ 1.66 (4/6)
Double chance: Reading or Draw @ 1.40 (2/5).