Reading vs Barnsley
Date: 16 October 2021, Saturday
Kick-Off: 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Madejski Stadium.
Reading take on Barnsley in Saturday’s EFL Championship game at the Madejski Stadium. Read our Previews, Predictions and Betting Tips with Analysis.
Reading vs Barnsley Head-to-Head
In the last 10 encounters between these two sides:
- Reading have won four times while Barnsley have recorded only 1 win.
- 22 goals have been scored in the last 10 games.
- On an average, 2.20 goals have been scored per game in this fixture.
- The last time these two sides faced each other, the game ended in a 1-1 draw.
Key Stats for Betting
- In the last 5 home games for Reading, they have won thrice, lost one and drawn once.
- In those 5 home games, Reading have scored 11 goals and conceded 8 goals.
- In the last 5 away games for Barnsley, they have lost thrice and drawn twice.
- In those 5 away games, Barnsley have scored 4 goals and conceded 8 goals.
Reading vs Barnsley Prediction & Analysis
The hosts currently sit in 10th position in the Championship table with 16 points on board after 11 Championship games as they have won four times and lost once in their last 5 Championship games.
Reading come into this fixture on the back of a 1-0 win away from home against Cardiff City in a game which saw Junior Hoilett win the game for Reading in the 38th minute of the game.
On the other side of the field, the visitors, Barnsley currently sit in 22nd position in the Championship table with 8 points on board after 11 Championship games as they have lost thrice and drawn twice in their previous 5 Championship games.
Barnsley come into this fixture on the back of a 1-0 loss at home against Millwall in a game which saw Barnsley have 43% of ball possession as they had 14 attempts on goal with 3 of them on target.
Taking the above into consideration, we back the odds at 2.10 for the hosts, Reading to win this fixture. They have been providing results to their fans on a regular basis and they will be hoping that they continue this good rich consistent vein of form for many more games.
Consequently, we back the odds at 1.83 for both teams to get on the score sheet in this fixture. Both sides will be relatively fresh after the international break and they will be going out on the field with the intention to win the game.
Hence, we should see a very open game at the Madejski Stadium which should provide many more goals to watch.
Tips for Reading vs Barnsley
Reading to win @ 2.10
Both teams to score @ 1.83