Rayo Vallecano resumes their fight for survival this weekend when they host Villarreal on Sunday 17 April 2016. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 17:15 GMT.
Rayo Vallecano in the 16th position in Spanish La Liga with 31 points and are 3 points ahead of teams in the drop zone (Levante, Getafe, Sporting Gijon all 28 points), a win or stalemate will keep them in the safety zone for the time being.
While the visitors are in the 4th place with 60 points, 12 points below Real Madrid in 3rd position and 8 points above Celta Vigo in 5th position. Though the visitors Champions League qualification looks secured, they will still look for a win in this game as end of the Campaign draws near.
- Villarreal are unbeaten in their last 6 games in all competition, they have won 4 and drew 2.
- Villarreal are also unbeaten in 17 of their last 19 La liga games.
- Villarreal are also having a scoring spree, they have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches.
- Rayo Vallecano are poor in form, having won just 1 of their last 6 games.
Rayo Vallecano: Team News
The manager is expected to make few changes, Raul Baena and Yoel are suspended, while Tito is back from a ban and is available for selection.
Rayo Vallecano: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Tito, Crespo, Castro, Quini
Bebe, Llorente, Trashorras, Hernandez
Villarreal: Team News
Bruno and Antonio Rukavina will be on ban due to Accumulation of yellow cards, while Tomas Pina is a doubt and yet to be certified fit.
Villarreal: predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Mario, bailly, Ruiz, Costa
Castillejo, Trigueros, Santos, Suarez
Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal: Head-To-Head stats
- Villarreal are dominant in recent games between this 2 sides irrespective of the playing ground.
- Villarreal have won 7 of their last 8 meetings with Vallecano in all competitions.
- Villarreal have scored atleast 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 meetings with Rayo.
Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal: Prediction
Villarreal are no doubt the superior sides but in recent form and history, they have dominated in their past meetings and looks ready to continue their dominance in this game.
Recent games between these two teams have recorded high number of goals, their last 6 games together have seen at least 2 goals; over 1.5 goals is expected in this game.
Best bet: Villarreal to win or draw.