Rayo Vallecano vs Espanyol
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Campo de Futbol de Vallecas.
Vallecano might be lacking a bit in overall form, but they are making up for it considerably with their great performances at home. They have been a contender to secure a top-tier finish right from the start of the season – and currently they are in possession of the sixth position.
Meanwhile, recently-promoted Espanyol have tried their best to recreate their form from Segunda. However, their few wins against some of the weakest teams aside, they have not been impressive at all this season.
Especially, their form on the road has been concerning. By the looks of things, expect a win for Vallecano this Sunday at their home.
Rayo Vallecano vs Espanyol Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for Vallecano.
- They are on a three-game winning streak.
- Four of the previous five clashes at this venue had three or more goals.
- The last time these two locked horns at this ground, the hosts won 1-0.
Rayo Vallecano vs Espanyol Prediction & Analysis
Vallecano were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by Valencia. Going on, they have lost just thrice in the past three-month period, and two of these defeats had come against Real Madrid, and Betis.
And at home, they had won six of the former seven appearances, and had scored three or more goals in four of the past seven games at this venue.
On the other hand, Espanyol did win 1-0 at home against Sociedad. But they have been really struggling in away matches. In fact, their latest victory on the road had come back in May, and they even had conceded two or more goals in four of the past five road trips.
Considering these observations, as well as recent h2h stats, expect a win for Vallecano this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Vallecano are placed sixth in the table, and they need a surplus of just five points to climb to the second spot.
- They have been the best team at home hands down this season. Barring a single draw, they have a 100% winning record at this venue in the league.
- Meanwhile, Espanyol have been completely winless on the road this season, and only three other teams have scored fewer goals in away fixtures in the competition.
Tips for Rayo Vallecano vs Espanyol
Rayo Vallecano to Win @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Rayo Vallecano @ 2.40 (7/5).