Rapid Wien vs Genk
UEFA Europa League
Date: 16 September 2021, Thursday
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Allianz Stadion (Vienna).
Rapid Wien host Genk on Wednesday evening, in a battle tipped as clash of the equals.
Both teams had their downs this season, but seems to become solid with more matches played, setting the stage for an exciting content for Europa League matchday 1.
Rapid were elimiated from Champions League by Sparta Prague, however they eased past Anorthosis and Zorya 4-2 and 6-2 on aggregate to book their place in Europa League group stage.
Domestically, the Viennese club is yet to find their feet and lost 3 of the 7 matches played so far, while bagging 2 wins and draws each.
Genk on the other hand had a shaky start in the Belgian league and this transformed to Champions League play-offs where they suffered back to back 1-2 defeats to Shakhtar Donetsk.
Things have improved since the loss to Ukrainians with the team snatching 2 wins and a draw from next three matches with 1 goal conceded.
Poor defending has been the core problem for John van den Brom’s team and he seem to have found a fix for this.
Rapid Wien vs Genk Head-to-head
- The teams met for 4 previous occasions and all at the Europa League group stage.
- Both games at the latest in 2016/17 season was resulted in respective home wins, Genk 1-0 and Rapid 3-2. Meanwhile the previous two in 2013/14 was a pair of draws.
- In a snapshot, 3 of their 4 meetings saw btts with both games played in Austria registering over 3.5 goals.
- Rapid Wien have a strong home record against Belgian clubs, having won 4 of the 7 alongside 1 draw and 2 defeats.
- Genk are win-less in Austrian soil with their 3 trips resulting in a draw and 2 losses.
Rapid Wien vs Genk Prediction
There is not a lot of difference in the way these teams play and both managers will be thinking that they can get the better of each other.
Their previous duels at this stage of the competition have been pretty close and we expect a similar kind of battle at the Allianz Stadion on Wednesday.
Punters can go with both teams to score and over 2.5 goals as top bets or combine for better odds leaving the full-time result to take care of itself.
Rapid Wien vs Genk Betting Tips
Both teams to Score @ 1.57
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.72.