Rangers vs Hearts
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Ibrox Stadium.
This will be a close game that could be decided by a single goal. Both outfits have been tremendous defensively so far in the season and we by no means expect a goal fest here. This match is an ideal opportunity for those who like to chase the correct score longshots. A 1-0 win for Rangers could be the way to go based on everything we’ve seen from these two sides so far in the season.
Rangers vs Hearts Head-to-head
- These two outfits last met each other in the Scottish FA Cup quarterfinal in the 2019/20 season when Hearts picked up a surprising 1-0 victory.
- Hearts will go into this on the back of two straight wins over Rangers.
- Both teams scored only once in the last four head to head outings.
- Rangers have won each of the last six home clashes against Hearts.
Rangers vs Hearts Predictions & Analysis
The top two Premiership sides are set to come across each other in the derby of the Matchday No 9 on Saturday afternoon at the Ibrox Stadium.
Rangers, who went unbeaten across all 38 rounds of the previous Premiership term, sit at the top of the standings after eight rounds (six wins, one draw, and one defeat).
They are just one point above Hearts who are the only unbeaten team in this term of the competition (five wins, three draws, and zero losses).
Both teams have been very tough to break down so far in the season and we could witness a big tactical battle between Steven Gerrard and Robbie Nielson here.
The Gers shipped only two goals in four home fixtures in the league, while Hearts boast the best defensive record in the entire competition, having shipped only five goals in eight outings so far.
Rangers barely secured a comeback win over ten-man Hibernian in the previous round, but the good news for Gerrard is that goals came from his two strikers Kemar Roofe and Alfredo Morelos.
On the other side, Hearts maintained their superb defensive shape by keeping a clean sheet in a 2-0 victory over in-form Motherwell before the international break.
Key Stats for Betting
- Rangers won three and drew one of four league games at home, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Three of the last five games they played ended with fewer than three goals scored.
- Hearts kept a clean sheet in four of the last five Premiership outings.
- The Under 2.5 goals FT landed in four of the last six matches Hearts played in the Premiership.
Tips for Rangers vs Hearts
Under 2.5 goals FT @ 2.00 (1/1)
Correct Score: Rangers to win 1-0 @ 7.00 (6/1)