Rangers vs Hamilton
Date: Wednesday, 4 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Ibrox Stadium (Glasgow)
Rangers are still in the title race even if they are 12 points behind leaders and current champs Celtic. A couple of unfortunate results have to lead to this situation and they will want to get a win sooner rather than later.
Hamilton is second to last in the points table. They have one of the weakest defenses in the league conceding 50 goals in 28 matches. We may see them add to that tally when they visit Rangers.
Rangers vs Hamilton: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Rangers are on a 7 match win streak against Hamilton in all competitions.
- The last 4 meetings between them had over 2.5 goals in total.
- Hamilton won previously in head to head games back in November 2011.
- Rangers have a 2 match winning streak at home against this opposition.
- Rangers won 4 and lost once in their last 5 h2h at this ground.
- In all those wins Rangers were successful in keeping a clean sheet.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 games also.
Rangers vs Hamilton: Prediction
The real title clash is between Rangers and Celtic. Others are left way back in terms of points. Rangers have shown quality performance in defense. But in recent matches, they failed to keep that form going. In terms of home games, they have 6 recent clean sheets. SO I am backing them to do the same against Hamilton.
The last 6 home matches of rangers had a final score with less than 2.5 goals in total. Most of these matches were against quality opposition of the likes of Celtics and Aberdeen. Since they have slowed down a bit, I am backing a score with less than 2.5 goals despite the h2h stats.
Rangers vs Hamilton: Betting Tips
- Rangers to keep a clean sheet @ 1.44().
- Under 2.5 goals @ 3.00(2/1).