Queretaro vs Cruz Azul
Mexico- Liga MX Apertura
Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020
Kick-Off at 23:00 UK/ 24:00 CET
Venue: Estadio La Corregidora (Querétaro)
The team that came fourth in the last Apertura season is currently without a win so far. They are 15th in the table after losing two of their 3 games. The latest of those defeats came against Pachuca away from home. They would have liked to avoid this particular fixture in the present situation.
The visitors dominated the recently concluded Clausura. But they are facing tough competition in this edition of the Apertura. Currently, they are third with an equal number of points with the two teams at the top- Club America and Puebla. They need to keep up the good work by winning the upcoming games. The defense has one an exceptional job so far but it is too soon to evaluate their performance.
Queretaro vs Cruz Azul: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have two wins each in their five previous meetings.
- The last two matches between them had more than 2.5 goals.
- Either of the teams kept a clean sheet in four of those matches.
- The White Roosters have three wins and two defeats in the last five head to head matches here.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games at this ground.
- Two matches in that spell of play also saw both teams getting in the score sheet.
- The home team is currently on a four-match winless run in Liga MX.
Queretaro vs Cruz Azul: Prediction
The only match in whom Cruz Azul failed to grab three points was away from home. But that was against a strong Puebla side. The Whiter Roosters are not what they used to be a year back. After losing two of their games I do not see them defeat the Cement makers on Wednesday. But they have home advantage which may come into play. Also, since they are on a drawing streak right now at home, I think we can expect a similar result.
Similarly, we can expect goals at both sides even though the recent head to head results say otherwise. The away team has problems especially on the road where they use to go lazy in defense. They gave away goals in four of their last five games away from home. So I am backing a draw with goals at both ends of the field.
Queretaro vs Cruz Azul: Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.70 (27/10).
Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).