QPR vs Preston
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 19th January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Loftus Road (London).
The Hoops will be overjoyed to no extent that they secured a proud win in the FA Cup against possibly the best team in the Championship, Leeds. Aramide Oteh had opened the scoring for Rangers, who had the home advantage for the tie, with a penalty. But the top-notch side that Leeds is, they managed to equalize within 120 seconds.
It looked as if we might see another fixture between the teams, as the scores were tied at 1-1, with no sight in end. But Jake Bidwell appeared hero for the hosts with a goal in the 75th minute, giving the lead to his team, at the time, and later, the win.
The Lilywhites are really out of touch with their mission statement. The team is winless in their last six games in a row, of which four were losses. On top of that, they are on the road, against QPR, this weekend. It’s time that someone really gave them a break. Lord knows they deserve it.
QPR vs Preston Head-to-head (h2h)
- Eight of the last ten h2h wins belong to the side that hosted the game.
- 14 of the last 16 games between the teams, saw the hosts of the day finding the back of the net.
- The Rs kept clean sheets in two of their last five appearances against this opponent, at home.
- Steve McClaren’s men have scored at least a goal in six of their last eight head-to-head games against North End.
- The biggest win in matches that featured both these sides, in the last decade, is in the name of QPR. A home-win of 4-0.
QPR vs Preston Prediction
The team from Lancashire lost the plot somewhere along the last stage of 2018 and has been suffering ever since. It’s been six match-days since they registered a win, and in the last ten games, all the team has to show is just two wins. One of them was against Millwall, a team struggling in the relegation zone.
The Hoops will want to take advantage of the misfortune that their opponents are in right now, and try to balance the skewed head-to-head record that they have against Alex Neil’s men. Expect the hosts to welcome this opportunity with wide hands.
They will get on top of things right away. Expect the first goal of the match from the home side, and in all likelihood, they will avoid conceding, and a situation to go under pressure.
QPR vs Preston Betting Tips
Queens Park Rangers to Score the First Goal @ 1.75 (3/4)
QPR to keep a Clean Sheet @ 3.00 (2/1).