Pumas vs Queretaro
Mexico Liga MX Guard1anes
Date: Sunday, 26 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Olímpico Universitario (Mexico City)
The quarter-finalists of last season will travel to Mexico City to face Pumas in their season opener. The Felines are without a win in seven previous competitive fixtures on the trot. At home, they started 2020 with back to back wins, but are currently on a five-game winless run.
The visitors are also winless in their four previous matches in the league. They are defensively weak like many of their peers in the competition. From the last five league matches, they have given away nine goals. Both of them finished mid-table in the Clausura campaign.
Pumas vs Queretaro: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The White Roosters have two wins and a loss in their five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games across all venues.
- The visitors are unbeaten in their last two trips to this ground.
- Pumas have two wins and a defeat in five previous head to head games at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in four of those five matches as well.
- The hosts are winless in five previous home games in cup and league.
Pumas vs Queretaro: Prediction
The home team is going through tough times. But if they could repeat the performance in the Clausura, a playoff chance is not impossible for them. In all the head to head games at this ground, the home side has a clear upper hand over the Roosters. The visitors have won only twice in matches played over 16 years. They are also struggling to win in away fixtures recently. So we can expect the home team to start off with a win.
There was no shortage of goals in their previous clashes at this ground. Both sides managed to score in four of their latest five head to head matches here. In the recently concluded tournament, they have both conceded way more than what they scored during those 10 games. There is a high chance that those entire defensive issues still exist for both of them and that both sets of forwards will get chances to score. So I am backing the hosts to win and both teams to score.
Pumas vs Queretaro: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.53 (6/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).