PSV Eindhoven vs VVV-Venlo
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 4 October 2019
Kick-off at 15:45 UK/ 16:45 CET
Venue: Philips Stadion (Eindhoven).
With Ajax providing intense competition for the top spot, PSV has no chance to take things easy in any of their further league ties. The wounds of missing out on the title last season is still fresh, and as such, the basic expectation is that the squad would make full use of this home tie to deliver a huge win for the fans.
PSV Eindhoven vs VVV-Venlo Head-to-head (h2h)
- Eindhoven won the last seven games on the trot.
- Since 2007, the Peasants have been unbeaten against this opponent.
- 13 of the prior 15 encounters had the Venlose Trots conceding two or more goals.
- Disregarding a draw in 2009, the hosts hold a 100% win-record at this venue.
- The combined scorecard for the preceding six games at this stadium is 18-1, in favor of the home team.
PSV Eindhoven vs VVV-Venlo Prediction
Robert Maaskant’s men lost six of their previous nine fixtures and failed to score in their previous two. On the road, they lost three of their last four matches as well.
Meanwhile, their opponents for the day, are unbeaten in their prior 14 match-ups on the trot, and won nine of their preceding ten games. Importantly, at this venue, the squad is unbeaten this whole year, and won 17 of their prior 22 appearances here.
In addition, Eindhoven is unbeaten against this opponent in h2h encounters and scored twice or more in 13 of the last 15 such clashes. Finally, at this venue, if not for a drawn game ten years back, the home team would have boasted of a 100% winning record.
With these stats in mind, logic dictates that the fixture is going to end up hugely in favor of the hosts.
PSV Eindhoven vs VVV-Venlo Betting Tips
PSV Eindhoven to Score in Both Halves @ 1.44 (4/9)
Half Time Result: PSV Eindhoven to Win @ 1.40 (2/5).