PSV Eindhoven vs PEC Zwolle
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Philips Stadion.
The hosts will be motivated to clinch the spoils here and jump above Ajax at the top of the standings at least for a day after the reigning champions slipped up at home against Utrecht in the previous round.
Zwolle took just one point in eight rounds and they have nothing to hope for here at Philips Stadion. We could easily be in for a goal fest here, at least judging by the head to head tradition and PSV’s recent displays.
PSV Eindhoven vs PEC Zwolle Head-to-head
- PEC Zwolle have never represented a serious threat to PSV.
- PSV won 20, drew 1, and lost 2 of the last 23 meetings with PEC Zwolle.
- PSV have bagged at least four goals in four of the last five clashes against PEC Zwolle.
- Three or more goals were scored in 14 of the last 15 head to head games between the two sides.
PSV Eindhoven vs PEC Zwolle Predictions & Analysis
The light at the end of a tunnel is nowhere to be seen for PEC Zwolle who are not pulling up any trees this season under Art Langeler.
Art took charge of the team this summer and he got off to a nightmare start to the season. We are surprised to still see him on the bench given that PEC Zwolle claimed no more than one point in the opening eight outings.
To make matters even worse, they are set to travel to Eindhoven for the clash against PSV in the 9th round of the competition.
The latest of Zwolle’s failures came two weeks ago when they lost the home fixture to Heerenveen (0-1).
It was another scoreless game for Zwolle who boast by far the weakest attacking record in the division with just two goals scored in seven fixtures.
This will be the music to the ears of Roger Schmidt’s PSV Eindhoven who have been struggling to keep things quiet defensively of late.
PSV did win three of the last four games in all competitions, but they haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of the last six matches in Eredivisie and Europa League.
Key Stats for Betting
- Each of the last eight games PSV played in all competitions saw three or more goals scored.
- PSV notched four or more goals in four of the last five matches against PEC Zwolle.
- Zwolle lost seven and drew one of the opening eight outings in this Eredivisie term.
- PEC conceded five goals at Utrecht in their previous game on the road.
Tips for PSV Eindhoven vs PEC Zwolle
PSV to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.45 (9/20)
PSV Over 2.5 Team Goals @ 1.72 (8/11)