PSG vs Metz
2016/17 French Ligue 1.
Date: Sunday, 21 August 2016,
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
PSG will play their first 2016/17 Ligue 1 home game as they host Metz on Sunday.
PSG endured a difficult away clash with Bastia on the opening day of the 2016/17 Ligue 1 season. Layvin Kurzawa volleyed home on 73rd minute to hand them a decisive 1-0 win. However Bastia almost drew level in the final minutes of the game, only for Kevin Trapp to come to the rescue of the Parisians.
Metz on the other hand, earned a thrilling victory at home over Lille. They went down twice to a pair of strikes from Rony Lopes on either halves, but came back brilliantly on each occasion. Each of the last two goals of Metz, including the winner were from the penalty spot.
PSG v Metz: Head-to-Head Stats
- PSG have won in 15 of the 26 meetings against Metz, while they lost 6 and drawn 5.
- The Paris based outfit have lost only once in the last 13 home meetings against Metz, which includes 9 wins and 3 draws.
- PSG are on a three match winning run against Metz and are unbeaten in the last four.
- Metz are on a 7 match losing in away games against PSG
PSG v Metz: Prediction
It is hard to imagine that PSG will lose any points at home looking at their recent dominance in the French league. From a punters point of view, there must be other areas one must consider for this game.
PSG have scored 2 or more goals in the last 7 matches at their home against Metz. Also they have scored 18 goals from four home matches at the tail end of last season, at an average of 4.25 goals per game. So this make a strong case for them to net three goals.
On the other hand, one can back PSG to win it with a handicap -1.
PSG vs Metz: Bet Tips
- Handicap PSG -1
- PSG to score over 2.5 goals.
- Half Time/Full Time – PSG/PSG.