PSG finished the 2015/16 campaign on a high note, they were crowned the Ligue1 Champions for the 4th consecutive year after another successful campaign, they also won the coup de La Ligue ahead of Lille making it a brace of trophy this season, they are looking to add another trophy to their cabinet this Saturday when they face Marseille for the Coupe de France final at Stade de France.
Olympic Marseille will be looking to steal the fun from PSG to prove that the French trophies are not made for them alone. They will be hoping to come out victorious in the game and get a silverware this season as the have gone trophy less since 2011/12 season when they last lifted a trophy (Coupe de la Ligue).
- PSG are currently on fire, in Coupe de France; they have won their last 11 matches and also they are unbeaten in their last 6 games in all competition, they have won 5 and drew 1.
- They have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 6 games in all competition and also they have scored at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 6 games in all competition.
- Marseille may not be in same class as PSG but they are not poor at the moment they have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 Coupe de France games.
- Marseille have not lost a game in their last 5 games in all competition.
PSG: Predicted Line up (4-3-3)
Douchez – Wiel, Marquinhos, David Luiz, Maxwell – Pastore, Motta, Rabiot – Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Moura
Marseille: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Pele – Djedje, Rolando, Rekik, Manquilo – Isla, Diarra – Alessandri, Cabella, Thauvin – Fletcher.
PSG vs Marseille: Head-To-Head
• PSG have dominated their recent games, they superior to Marseille in their last 6 games.
• PSG have won their last 6 games against Marseille irrespective of the playing ground.
• PSG have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 games against Marseille.
PSG vs Marseille: Prediction
Considering statistics, current form and head to head, PSG are no doubt the clear favourites in this game, they are way too far above Marseille. But Marseille are not a walk over team by any means. All facts are pointing to Blanc’s men as possible winners but the tables can turn.
I expect PSG to win this game inside the regulation 90 minutes, but my main prediction is on Zlatan Ibrahimović; I predict the big Swede to score in the game.