Preston vs Nottingham Forest
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 11 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Deepdale (Preston)
Preston is coming into this match after a thumping away win over Sheffield Wednesday. This was their first three points after a 7 game winless run. But things at home are far from hopeful as they have lost four of their last five home fixtures.
Nottingham is fading at the important stage of the season. The latest home defeat to Fulham was a shock for the Reds. The points they lost in the last two fixtures may come in to haunt them at the end of the season.
Preston vs Nottingham Forest: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Preston remains unbeaten in their last 7 meetings with this opposition.
- Five of those seven head to head league games were draws.
- Forest previously won this fixture back in March 2016.
- Both sides have a win each in their last five clashes at this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in all those five matches.
- The home team is on a three-match losing streak at home.
- Nottingham currently has a three-game drawing run away from home.
Preston vs Nottingham Forest: Prediction
Forest has kept things clean at the back this season. But in recent weeks they have failed to keep a clean sheet. Especially they have conceded in four of their last five matches on the road. Even though they have won in most of those games, this may hurt them this weekend. The consecutive defeats at home for Preston was the doing of a bad defense, to say the least. But they have scored in most of those matches even in the one that they lost. So we can expect goals on both ends of the field in this one.
Nottingham is a much better away team this season. From their 21 matches on the road, they have 8 wins and three draws. With a winless run going on they look literally unbeatable especially by a team on a losing streak. But the majority of their previous meetings ended as draws. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or Nottingham winning on Saturday.
Preston vs Nottingham Forest: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Nottingham Forest to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).