Preston vs Liverpool
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Wednesday, 27 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium.
Preston are unbeaten in seven straight home outings across competitions, but such a run will count for little when they come face to face with Liverpool who have been scoring goals for fun against much stronger rivals lately. The Reds have bagged at least three goals in each of eight away games in all competitions this term.
Preston vs Liverpool Head-to-head
- More than a decade has passed since these two teams have last locked horns in a competitive affair.
- It was in the third round of the FA Cup back in the 2008/09 season when Liverpool claimed a 0-2 victory.
- Liverpool also celebrated two wins in friendlies against Preston in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
Preston vs Liverpool Predictions & Analysis
A real buzz is expected in and around Deepdale on Wednesday evening when red-hot Liverpool come to visit Preston in the battle for a place in the League Cup quarterfinal.
Liverpool look unstoppable at the moment and they will enter this match as enormous favorites.
The Reds have just bagged five unanswered goals in the humiliation of their bitter inter-city rivals Manchester United on Sunday afternoon at the Old Trafford.
Mohamed Salah came up with another spectacular performance, completing a hat-trick and delivering an assist for Naby Keita’s opening goal of the game.
Jurgen Klopp will certainly leave his main star on the bench here, but his African fellow forward Sadio Mane might get the nod in the starting XI having only played the final 20 minutes of the weekend’s affair at the Old Trafford.
Mane & company should have plenty of room to create up front here against the lower-division rivals.
Preston hold the 19th place in the Championship standings with just 3 wins in the inaugural 14 rounds of the competition.
They will come into this after a dismal display in a 2-0 loss away at Blackpool on Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Preston have just suffered a 2-0 defeat away at Blackpool at the weekend.
- Liverpool will go into this on the back of a demolishing 0-5 victory over Manchester United at the Old Trafford.
- Sadio Mane could make the starting XI here having only come on from the bench on Sunday against Manchester United.
- Liverpool notched at least five goals in three of the last four away games across competitions.
Tips for Preston vs Liverpool
Liverpool to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.95 (19/20)
Sadio Mane to score anytime @ 2.10 (11/10)