Preston vs Cardiff
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Kick-Off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Deepdale (Preston)
This match is going to be crucial in terms of both their futures. The hosts are 6th in the table with 57 points in the 38 rounds. They have a healthy scoring rate but like most teams lack defensive quality. Currently, they have a 4 match winless run which can hurt them in this upcoming game.
The visitors are equal on points with their upcoming opposition. But unlike the latter, they are on form right now with two consecutive wins. The main issue with Cardiff is that they have more draws than wins this season. This is mainly due to their poor defensive tactics which may hurt them in the remaining matches.
Preston vs Cardiff: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Preston has three wins and a loss in their last 5 meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those matches.
- In all those 5 games only one side managed to score goals.
- The hosts have three wins and a defeat in the last 5 head to head matches here.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games.
- The common score in all those three games were 3-0.
- The home team has kept a clean sheet in all those matches as well.
Preston vs Cardiff: Prediction
The recent head to head stats gives the hosts the upper hand. But Cardiff cannot be taken lightly with the form they are in right now. Even though Preston has a 2 game win streak in meetings at this ground, they are currently winless in 4 matches on the trot. They have conceded in 10 previous home games on the trot. Since Cardiff is also leaking goals frequently I think we can see goals on both ends of the pitch on Saturday. So I am backing a double chance for a draw or the visitors winning with both teams getting goals.
Preston vs Cardiff: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Cardiff to win @ 1.57 (4/7).
- Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).