Preston vs Birmingham
Date: Saturday, 18 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Deepdale Stadium.
An unbeaten run was going on for Preston until they visited the mighty Brentford last week. This definitely put a curb to their confidence but against a team as poor as Birmingham they are likely to get some points.
The hosts have no wins in their four previous home fixtures, but they are among one of the best home performers this season.
The Blues are 19th in the table with more defeats than wins in games so far. They have lost four of their five recent league games and had to face some tough opposition during that period.
This would be another challenge for them as they never had a good history at this ground.
Preston vs Birmingham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Preston has three wins and a loss to this opposition in their last five meetings.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches across all venues.
- The hosts are unbeaten in their last seven games against the Blues at this ground.
- The visitors have won only once in their eight visits to this ground.
- The majority of those eight matches had goals from only one team.
- Preston is winless in their last four home matches in the league.
- The visitors have no wins in 12 league matches on the trot.
Preston vs Birmingham: Prediction
The hosts have kept these visitors at bay in their last two meetings. The reverse fixture was a quite game with the only goal of the match scored by Preston in the first half. They never gave cheap points to the Blues in their meetings at this ground.
To make things worse for Birmingham they are without a win in the league since February. Even though the hosts have problems at home I do not think they will lose this one.
The home side kept a clean sheet in half of their head to head meetings at this ground. The visitors have failed to score in the last two clashes. Also, they have never managed to score a single goal in any of their four previous matches on the road. So I am backing only one team to get goals in this game.
Preston vs Birmingham: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
Both teams to score: No @ 2.05 (12/11).