Portsmouth vs Oxford United
England – League One Play Offs
Date: Friday, 3 July 2020
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Fratton Park.
Oxford United finished fourth in the points table. They have finished the normal season on a high with five consecutive wins. Last time too they managed to get through to the play offs but failed to ensure promotion.
Meanwhile the hosts have no wins in their last 2 games in the league. This is a minor setback compared to their perfect home run this season. They are the only team yet to lose a game in front of their home crowd. The hosts are a well-rounded squad with both attack and defence in great form.
Portsmouth vs Oxford United: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Portsmouth has two wins and a loss in five recent head to head games against Oxford.
- Both sides found the back of the net in the 4 latest meetings in all competitions.
- Four of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts are unbeaten in the last 3 meetings at this venue.
- In the 5 previous head to head games at this ground the hosts have two wins and a defeat.
- Oxford is on a 5-match winning streak in the league.
Portsmouth vs Oxford United: Prediction
The home team is literally unbeatable at this ground. They have managed to get back in games at this ground where they made mistakes early.
Oxford has never won at this ground for over four years. The last time they met here the result was a 1-1 draw. Also, they a mediocre record in away games this season.
Even though they are on a 2-match winning run in away matches, I am backing the hosts to win this one comfortably.
There was never shortage of goals whenever these two met this season. The last two meetings at this ground also saw both get on the score sheet. The home side has scored in all their previous 12 home fixtures.
Also considering, Oxford is one of the top scorers in this season, both teams to score looks like a dent alternate for this play-off fixture.
Portsmouth vs Oxford United: Betting Tips
Home team to win @ 1.53 (6/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).