Portsmouth vs MK Dons
England – League One
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Fratton Park (Portsmouth)
There is a lot separating these two sides apart from points. Dons have been getting positive results in recent weeks. But it has not been the case all season. They have lost 16 matches in their 32 games till now. Like most teams in the league, they have a negative goal difference conceding 42 goals.
With a game to play, Portsmouth is working hard to reach a play-off spot. They are just a point short of that opportunity. A defeat against Fleetwood in the last game has cost them dearly.
Portsmouth vs MK Dons: Head-to-head (h2h)
- MK Dons won the last time these two met in a competitive fixture.
- Portsmouth has 2 wins in their last 5 h2h matches across all venues.
- Both sides scored in 4 of those 5 previous games.
- Portsmouth has never lost to Dons at home in the 2 matches played here (W1, D1).
- Less than 2.5 goals have been scored in those 3 matches here.
- MK Dons are unbeaten in their last 5 league games.
Portsmouth vs MK Dons: Prediction
The hosts have lost recent games against Fleetwood and toppers Coventry. But at home, they are the only team to never lose a game. So against Dons, they will be favourites. The newfound form of Dons may not be enough to beat a team that look unbeatable in front of their home fans.
The hosts have kept a clean sheet in their 4 recent home matches. They have one of the best defenses in the league adding to their strong attacking talent. Another major highlight is that a similar trend can be seen in the last head to head match at this ground. So I am backing Portsmouth to prevent the visitors from scoring.
Portsmouth vs MK Dons: Betting Tips
Portsmouth to win @1.57 (4/7).
Clean sheet for Portsmouth @ 2.10 (11/10).