FC Porto vs Sporting
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 15 July 2020
Kick-Off at 21:30 UK/ 22:30 CET
Venue: Estádio do Dragão (Porto)
The current runners up have a healthy lead at the top of the table over oncoming Benfica. They are currently on a four-match winning streak most of which was against teams at the bottom half of the table.
This upcoming game will be their first major challenge after some match days for them. With a handful of matches to go, they have to stay away from Benfica.
The visitors have fallen behind in the title race this season. They are currently third in the table with 59 points.
Currently, they are on an 8 match unbeaten run which includes 6 wins. They have kept a clean sheet in five of those games as well.
FC Porto vs Sporting CP Head-to-head (h2h)
- FC Porto is unbeaten against this opposition in five previous meetings.
- The latest four head to head games had goals from both teams at full time.
- All four of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts are unbeaten in meetings at this ground for over four years.
- Both these teams have scored in five of the last six clashes here.
- The majority of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
FC Porto vs Sporting CP Prediction
This is one of the most anticipated games of the same. A win here would guarantee a 29th title for Porto in the top tier of Portuguese football. But beating Sporting would not be easy as the visitors are carrying an unbeaten streak right now.
But one thing that is sure in this one is goals. In their last four meetings, both these sides found the back of the net. All those games also had a score with more than 2.5 goals.
Four recent competitive away games of Sporting also had a similar full-time score. The toppers have a scoring rate of 2 goals per game so far.
More than half of both their league matches had a high scoring finish. Thus we can expect yet another high scoring game with both teams netting goals.
FC Porto vs Sporting CP: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.75 (3/4).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.87 (7/8).