Portimonense vs Tondela
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Saturday, 1 February 2020
Kick-off at 15:30 UK/ 16:30 CET
Venue: Estádio Municipal de Portimão (Portimão).
While both teams are struggling at the moment, Portimonense have the home advantage, and they have performed reasonably well at this venue over the past several match-days. Likely the upper hand goes to them.
Portimonense vs Tondela Head-to-head (h2h)
- Portimonense won the reverse fixture 1-2, on the road.
- Five of the previous eight wins went to Portimonense.
- At this venue, the hosts hold a 100% unbeaten record.
- Not once have Tondela kept a clean sheet at this stadium this past decade.
- Portimonense have scored twice or more in all of their Primeira Liga games at home.
- Seven of the last ten clashes had three or more goals, and only once in the past decade have Portimonense failed to find the back of the net against this opponent.
Portimonense vs Tondela Prediction
Portimonense lost on the road the last match-day against Belenenses. The scoreline was 2-1, in favor of the hosts, and this result once again pointed finger at the struggles of Portimonense away from home.
Tondela meanwhile lost 0-3 at home against Setubal, and this defeat took their streak to five winless games in a row. The team also was winless in 20 of their former 25 fixtures, and had lost four of their previous five match-ups on the road.
On the other hand, Portimonense were unbeaten in six of their last seven home appearances, and this sole loss had come against Sporting, one of the best teams in the country.
In addition, Portimonense had won the reverse fixture (on the road), had scored twice or more in the previous six h2h clashes in a row, and even hold a 100% unbeaten record at home against this rival.
As such, expect the hosts Portimonense to emerge victorious this Saturday. Still, to increase the chance of returns, we will opt for some safer bets.
Portimonense vs Tondela Betting Tips
Draw No Bet: Portimonense @ 1.50 (1/2)
Portimonense to Win Either Half @ 1.60 (3/5).