Portimonense vs FC Porto
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Friday, 3 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:00 UK / 20:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Municipal de Portimao.
Portimonense celebrated a 0-3 victory at Famalicao on Saturday despite registering only two shots on target on the occasion. They did keep three successive clean sheets in all competitions, but the fact they allowed 20 attempts in the previous round’s fixture worries us ahead of the clash against Porto. The quality is on the visitors’ side and we can hardly look past the away win pick here.
Portimonense vs Porto Head-to-head
- Portimonense will play against the tradition here as they have rarely managed to stay competitive in the clashes against Porto.
- Porto thus won 12 of the last 13 head to head encounters in this matchup.
- Both teams scored in three of the last four head to head outings.
Portimonense vs Porto Predictions & Analysis
Porto celebrated their 10th win of the season on Sunday when they dispatched ten-man Vitoria Guimaraes 2-1 after a comeback at Estadio Do Dragao.
The team led by Sergio Conceicao now have ten wins and two draws in the opening twelve games of the new Primeira Liga campaign.
They currently share the top of the standings with defending champions Sporting Lisbon. Nevertheless, Porto will face a tough task in an attempt to maintain the winning thread on Friday evening when they take on Portimonense in the first game of the 13th round.
Portimonense are one of the most pleasant surprises of the season in the elite class of Portuguese football.
They hold the 5th position in the league standings and they will go into this tie on the back of three successive commanding clean-sheet victories across competitions.
The rock-solid defense is the main catalyst for Portimonense’s successes this season. Paulo Sergio’s men conceded only 9 goals in the opening 12 games of the campaign.
They are up against the second-best attack in the division here but we would by no means be surprised to see them keeping hold of Porto’s stars on Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Portimonense allowed 20 shots in the previous round’s clash against Famalicao.
- Portimonense lost 12 of the last 13 head to head clashes against Porto.
- Porto win 10 and drew 2 of 12 matches in this term of the Primeira Liga.
- Porto have scored 30 goals in the process.
Tips for Portimonense vs Porto
Porto to win @ 1.44 (4/9)
Porto Over1 .5 Team Goals @ 1.57 (4/7)