Portimonense vs Benfica
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 2nd January 2019
Kick-off at 20.15 UK/ 21.15 CET
Venue: Estádio Municipal de Portimão (Portimão).
Portimonense opens their gate for Benfica in the Portuguese Primeira Liga this week. The Estádio Municipal de Portimão match will mark the 15th round in the tournament.
Portimonense has the 9th position in the league table, after securing 20 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 20 goals till now and received 25 back. Portimonense won 6 matches, drew another 2 and lost the remaining 6.
Benfica finds themselves in the 2nd position after recording 32 points on the table. The team won 10 matches, drew 2 and lost 2. Benfica scored 31 past their opponents and received 13 in return.
Portimonense won against Feirense, last week, away from home. The match ended 0-1. Meanwhile, Benfica drew against Aves, on the road, in their last fixture, and the scoreline read 1-1.
Portimonense vs Benfica Head-to-head (h2h)
- Benfica won the last h2h match against Portimonense.
- Portimonense was unbeaten in 6 of their last 10 matches.
- Benfica was unbeaten in 11 of their last 12 games.
- Portimonense was winless in 7 of their last 13 home-ties.
- Benfica won 6 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Portimonense has scored in 8 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 11 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Benfica has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall games, and in 8 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Nakajima S has been the best player for Portimonense with 5 goals and 5 assists this season, and Jonas for Benfica, with 6 goals and 0 assists.
Portimonense vs Benfica Prediction
Benfica boasts the best frontline in the entire competition, and they sure have been on song in front of the goal this season. Also, no team has scored more goals than Benfica, in away matches. Benfica has never failed to score against Portimonense, and since 2011, Benfica has scored at least 2 goals in every match against Portimonense, be it at home, or on the road. The visitors will be the first one to get on the scoresheet.
Benfica has a 100% unbeaten record against Portimonense, and at this venue, Benfica has a 100% winning record against this team. Except for one game, Benfica has kept a clean sheet in every single h2h match at this venue. Also, no team has a better away record than Benfica in the league, and only Porto has conceded fewer goals than Benfica on the road. Benfica will take the win in this game.
Portimonense vs Benfica Betting Tips
Benfica to Score First @ 1.40 (2/5)
Benfica to Win @ 1.50 (1/2).