Poland vs Lithuania:
Date: Monday 6th June 2016
Venue: Stadion Miejski.
Poland went down to defeat against a rebuilding Dutch side in their last week, but they will hope to return to winning ways against Lithuania to enter the Euro competition in good form and high morale.
On the other hand, Lithuania will want to deal a blow on the Polish team when they meet on Monday to prove they are not a push over team, they will be looking to get a win or draw in this game to avoid giving Poland the joy of dominance over them
- Besides the Netherlands game, Poland have enjoyed back to back victories in their previous games, they have won 4 games straight which includes 5-0 thrashing of Finland.
- Poland seems to be lethal in finishing, they have scored in their last 5 games including the defeat against Netherlands.
- Poland are a bit good defensively, they have kept 2 clean sheets in their last five games and have never conceded above 2 in their last 5 games.
- Lithuania have been on the receiving end lately, their last 5 games have seen only 1 win, they have lost the remaining 4.
- Lithuania also have a poor scoring record, they have failed to score in 3 of their last 5 games, and they have also conceded at least a goal in 4 of their last 5 games.
Poland: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Szczesny – Piszczek, Glik, Pazdan, Jedrzejczyk – Blaszczkowski, Maczynski, Zielinski, Grosicki – Milik, Lewandowski.
Lithuania: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Zubas – Klimavicius, Beneta, Slavickas, Gaspuitis – Luksa, Novikovas, Slivka, Kuklys – Cernych, Spalvis.
Poland vs Lithuania: Head-To-Head stats
The two teams have met a total of ten times previously, which was from 1992 to 2014. Poland have won five of their 10 encounters, they have drawn three while Lithuania have been victorious twice.
Poland claimed their last game in a 2-1 win with Lewandowski converting a late Penalty to give them the victory.
Poland vs Lithuania: Prediction
Both teams are in opposite phase of form, Poland have lost just one in their last six games and won five while Lithuania have won just one of their last six games, drew one and lost four. Poland are the huge favourites from the current form and statistics and I expect them to keep their dominance over Lithuania going.
I expect a 2 goal victory from the Polish national team.
Best Bet: Poland to win (odds 1.25)
Risky Bet: Poland to Keep a Clean Sheet (odds 1.57)
Recommended Bet: Over 2.5 goals (odds @ 1.72)
*All Odds from Ladbrokes at the time of composing this article.
Get a £50 Free Bet using Promo Code F50 by clicking here.