Pohang Steelers vs FC Seoul
South Korea – K League 1
Date: Friday, 22 May 2020
Kick-Off at 11:30 UK/ 12:30 CET
Venue: Pohang Steel Yard.
Pohang is coming from a draw away from home against Daegu FC. This minor setback has prevented them from going top of the table and keeping pressure on the top two sides.
The game against Daegu helped them realize the problems within the squad. With Seoul visiting them they will have to solve those issues and keep it tight at the back.
Seoul FC is still dealing with the controversy in the stands. But the fans are happy that the team came back to winning ways after a losing start to the season. But away form still is a headache for the team from the capital.
Pohang Steelers vs FC Seoul: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Pohang has 3 wins and a defeat against this opposition in their last 5 meetings.
- Three of those 5 matches had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- Currently, Pohang is unbeaten in the last 3 clashes across all venues.
- They also managed to keep a clean sheet in three of those games.
- In the last 5 head to head games at this ground, the hosts have won thrice and lost once.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 games.
- Three of those matches also saw both teams getting in the score sheet.
- Steelers are on a 8-match unbeaten run in front of their home crowd.
Pohang Steelers vs FC Seoul: Prediction
The last 2 head to head clashes between these two sides had a score of over 2.5 goals. The majority of their last 5 meetings at this ground also had a similar shoreline.
Considering the poor away record of Seoul I believe they will give away silly goals as they did in their season opener against Gangwon.
With a great unbeaten run going on for the Steelers I do not see the visitors getting the last laugh.
Pohang has dominated most of their matches at home and their last defeat came against Jeonbuk back in August 2019. Meanwhile, Seoul has only one win in their last 9 matches on the road.
So I am backing a home win with the final score to have over 2.5 goals.
Pohang Steelers vs FC Seoul: Betting Tips
Home win for Pohang Steelers @ 1.67 (2/3).
Over 2.5 goals @ 2.20 (6/5).