Plymouth vs Sheffield Wednesday
England – FA Cup
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Home Park.
Plymouth Argyle are the current League One leaders and they will go into this match on the back of a 1-4 drubbing of Accrington Stanley on Saturday. They also demolished Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 when the two teams met each other in September (in League One). The home win is well worth backing at the 2.40 odds.
Plymouth vs Sheffield Wednesday Head-to-head
- This will be the third head-to-head clash of the season for these two teams.
- Sheffield Wednesday did not score a goal in the previous two (a 3-0 defeat in the league and a 0-0 draw in the FA Cup first leg).
- It has been ten years since these two outfits last met each other before this season.
- Plymouth will go into this on the back of three wins and a draw in the last four meetings with Sheffield Wednesday.
Plymouth vs Sheffield Wednesday Predictions & Analysis
Plymouth Argyle continued their extraordinary spell of form on Saturday when they bagged four goals past Accrington Stanley in another League One success.
It was the tenth league victory of the season for Ryan Lowe’s troops who hold the very top of the League One standings after 17 rounds of the competition.
One of these ten victories came against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday (3-0 at home back in September), Plymouth’s rivals in the first round of the FA Cup replay on Tuesday evening.
We saw no goals in the first left played nine days ago Hillsborough. Plymouth will thus have a nice chance to advance to the second round of the competition with a result in front of their fans at the Home Park.
Nevertheless, they will have to work hard to secure a victory here since Sheffield Wednesday are undefeated in the last ten games across competitions.
The Owls drew in four of the last five league affairs, though, a run that includes the weekend’s 1-1 score against the bottom-half Gillingham at Hillsborough.
- Plymouth won five and drew one of the last six games in the League One.
- They won five and drew one of the last six home matches in the league.
- Sheffield Wednesday conceded only one goal in the last four outings across competitions.
- The first leg of this FA Cup tie, played nine days ago, ended in a goalless draw.
Plymouth vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting Tips
Plymouth to win @ 2.40 (7/5)
Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.90 (9/10).