Plymouth vs Oxford
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 2 April 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Home Park.
Plymouth are placed fourth in the table, and they are not just in serious contention for a playoff spot, but they could even go for a top-two finish, and thus directly to the Championship.
They are also in superb form at the moment, and are scoring in plenty in the process. Particularly, they are on a superb stretch of performances at home.
Meanwhile, Oxford too are in good form, but lately they have been finding it slightly hard to show consistency. And they have also had issues in delivering good results on the road.
By the looks of things, expect a win for hosts Plymouth.
Plymouth vs Oxford Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last five encounters in a row had three or more goals.
- The last four overall wins were evenly split into two each for either squad.
- At this venue, the latest match-up had ended in a 2-3 win for the guests.
- Since 2014, every meeting at this stadium had three or more goals.
Plymouth vs Oxford Prediction & Analysis
Plymouth had won six of the past seven overall fixtures, and they are also on a five-game winning streak at home. Do also note that they had scored two or more goals in four of the previous five home appearances.
On the other hand, Oxford were winless in 15 of their past 23 road trips, and in the process they had even gone on a five-match losing streak.
Judging these observations, expect a win for hosts Plymouth. And taking into account the offensive prowess of both squads, anticipate goals in plenty as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Plymouth have scored the second-most number of goals in the competition.
- They are the only team to have won the last five appearances at home.
- Meanwhile, Oxford had scored the most number of goals in the competition, and are also the only squad to have found the back of the net more than 70 times.
Tips for Plymouth vs Oxford
Plymouth to Win @ 2.50 (3/2)
Both Teams to Score @ 1.67 (2/3).