Peterborough vs Hull City
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 26 February 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Weston Homes Stadium.
Both these teams are counted amongst the absolute worst in the Championship. They are placed in the bottom-most tier of the table, and have conceded goals in plenty all through this campaign.
And with only a handful of games left in the competition, the squads are slowly getting tensed.
Peterborough are placed 23rd in a table of 24, and they need a surplus of nine points to climb over the relegation cut-off. And it needs to be mentioned that they have lost the most number of fixtures in the tournament, and they have also conceded the most number of goals.
Meanwhile, Hull are on a long winless run. They have seldom won on the road this season, and all along they have let in goals in plenty too.
Taking into account these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend at the Weston Homes Stadium.
Peterborough vs Hull Head-to-head (h2h)
- Five of the last six encounters had goals from both teams.
- The past three meetings in a row had three or more goals.
- Five of the previous seven clashes at this ground had goals from both teams.
- The latest match-up at this stadium had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
Peterborough vs Hull Prediction & Analysis
Peterborough lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Fulham. They had lost four of their previous five fixtures, and they had remained winless in 17 of their past 20 overall games.
Note that they were also winless in 10 of their past 15 appearances at home.
On the other hand, Hull lost 0-2 at home the past game week, against Barnsley. They had lost four of their past six overall fixtures, and they were winless in nine of their past fifteen overall matches.
Note that they were also winless in six of their past seven road trips.
Considering these observations, expect a goal-fest this weekend, between these two defensively weak squads.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only four teams have remained completely winless in the past five match-days in the league. And these two are a part of this list.
- Peterborough are yet to register a league win in 2022.
- In fact, they have recorded a total of one league win at this stadium in the past four-month period.
- Meanwhile, Hull have won just once on the road since November.
Tips for Peterborough vs Hull
Both Teams to Score @ 1.80 (4/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).