Perugia vs SPAL
Italy – Serie B
Date: Wednesday, 16 March 2022
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Stadio Renato Curi.
Both teams are going through inconsistent streaks at the moment, and are letting in goals in huge numbers as well. And with just nine match-days remaining in the competition, it goes without saying that the teams are under huge pressure.
Perugia are trying their absolute best to climb into one of the top-eight spots, which would allow them a shot at getting promoted. Meanwhile, SPAL are staying just above the relegation cut-off.
A win is a must for either of these squads, and as these two lock horns at the Stadio Renato Curi, expect a high-scoring affair.
Perugia vs SPAL Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for Perugia.
- Two of the past three clashes had goals from both teams.
- The hosts have a 100% winning record at this stadium in the past decade.
Perugia vs SPAL Prediction & Analysis
Perugia were winless in three of their last four overall fixtures, and they have kept a single clean sheet in their last five matches.
They were also winless in 10 of their past 14 appearances at home, and they have won just once at home in the past four-month period.
On the other hand, SPAL lost 1-2 at home the past game week, against Ascoli. They were also winless in 11 of their past 13 overall fixtures, and they have a single match-up on the road since the first week of December.
Taking into account these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a goal-fest this Wednesday between the two teams.
Key Stats for Betting
- Perugia need a surplus of just one point to climb level with the eighth-placed Ascoli.
- They have won just four times at home all through the campaign.
- Meanwhile, other than Pordenone, only one squad has conceded more than 50 goals in the Serie B.
Tips for Perugia vs SPAL
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.20 (6/5).