Peru vs Argentina
South America – 2018 World Cup Qualifier
Date: Friday; 7th October 2016,
Kick-off at 3:15 UK
Venue: Estadio Nacional, Lima.
Argentina will travel to Estadio Nacional de Lima to face Peru as they hope to continue their unbeaten run in the World Cup Qualification campaign.
Peru returned to winning ways in their last game, they defeated Ecuador 2-1 at home. They are currently in the 9th position in the league with 7 points, 6 points behind Ecuador in the playoff spot. They will be hoping to build on their last win as they face Argentina.
Argentina have been on a good form, they have lost just a game in the world cup qualifiers campaign drawn 3 and win 4. They are currently 3rd on the table with 15 points, same point with Brazil and a point behind Uruguay in the top. They are good defensively, they have allowed only 5 goals in the campaign.
Online Streaming: Viewers in US & Canada can stream the match legally through FuboTV. Click here to sign up for a free trial with FuboTV.
Peru vs Argentina: Head to Head Statistics
- Argentina have a superb form against Peru, they have won 10 of their 13 games and lost 1 to Peru.
- At home, Peru have never defeated Argentina, they have lost 4 games to Argentina and drawn 2.
- Argentina have also scored a lot of goals against Peru, they have scored 30 goals against Peru and conceded 9.
- The last 10 games between the 2 sides have been dominated by Argentina, they have won 8 and drawn 2.
Peru vs Argentina: Prediction
Argentina are strong favourites in this game, they are on good form and have huge qualities in their squad. Their loss to Chile in Copa America final happens to be their only dent form in their last 14 games. They have won 10 and drawn 3 during the period. They have a good scoring form as they have scored at least 2 goals in 3 of their last 5 games.
Peru are 9th in the South American Qualification standings and managed just 2 wins from their 8 matches so far. But their last three games at home saw 2 wins and a draw. Also they have held Argentina to draws in their last 2 home fixtures in the World Cup qualifiers. They have the quality and if perform at the best, they could steal at least a point from this tie.
Peru vs Argentina: Betting Tips
- Double Chance – Peru/Draw at 1.80 (4/5)
- Both Teams to Score at 1.75 (3/4).