Perth Glory vs Melbourne City
Australia – A-League
Date: Sunday, 8 March 2020
Kick-Off at 07:00 UK/ 08:00 CET
Venue: HBF Park (Perth).
The current premiers of the league will take on Melbourne City at home this Sunday. There are just 3 points between them and both are playing attacking football.
Perth recently lost to Newcastle Jets who are at the bottom of the table and are winless in the last 2 games. With just 1 win in 5 recent games, they lost the opportunity to go second in the table past their upcoming opposition.
Perth Glory vs Melbourne City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Glory is unbeaten in the last 6 matches against this opposition.
- They have 3 wins in that period and scored a total of 5 goals.
- Their last head to head game ended as a goalless draw.
- Perth is leading with 4 wins and a loss in their last 5 meetings at this ground.
- Three of those matches ended with more than 2.5 goals at the end of ninety minutes.
- Perth is unbeaten in their last 5 home matches this season.
- They have scored 2 or more goals in all those 5 matches.
Perth Glory vs Melbourne City: Prediction
Melbourne has lost 3 matches and is winless in 4 games away from home. All these matches were against the top team in the table. With an unbeaten run going on for Perth and the h2h stats, we can expect them to win this matchup.
When we look at the recent matches for both teams, it is quite evident they are in good scoring form. Perth has found the back of the net in 8 straight home matches in the league. Both sides scored in 6 of those 8 matches. The visitors have also scored in 7 recent matches on the road as well.
They have enough firepower to break the home defense. So I would recommend putting your money on both teams scoring with the home team winning this one.
Perth Glory vs Melbourne City: Betting Tips
- Home win for Perth Glory @ 1.60 (3/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.63 (5/8).