Panama vs Costa Rica
CONCACAF Nations League
Date: Friday, 3 June 2022
Kick-off at 00:30 UK/ 01:30 CET
Venue: Estadio Rommel Fernandez.
Costa Rica had secured the 3rd place in the previous edition of the Nations League and this time around they will be determined to go all the way. They have been in good form lately and also their performances in recent international competitions have been impressive.
They had made it to the Quarter Finals of the 2021 Gold Cup where they had to bow out against Canada. But before that they had managed to top Group C in the first round, with a perfect winning record.
They had scored the most number of goals In Group C and had conceded the least as well.
Meanwhile Panama had to settle for a 3rd place finish in their group stage in the previous edition of the Gold Cup and thus could not make it to the knockouts. They had conceded the second-most number of goals in the group and had to finish below guest team, Qatar.
By the looks of things, expect Costa Rica to have the upper hand this Friday against Panama.
Panama vs Costa Rica Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had finished in a 1-0 win for Costa Rica.
- They had kept clean sheets in the past 2 clashes.
- It’s been 2 years since they have lost against this opponent.
- In fact, it hass been 5 years since they have lost in an official encounter against this rival.
Panama vs Costa Rica Prediction & Analysis
Panama were winless in 4 of their past 5 overall fixtures, and they had let in 3 or more goals in 2 of their past 3 games. Do also note that they have won a total of just twice since November of 2021.
On the other hand, Costa Rica are on a 4-fixture winning streak, and they had also won 6 of their previous 7 matches. They had scored 2 or more goals in their last 2 games, and they are also on a 2-fixture winning streak on the road.
Taking into account these observations expected a win for Costa Rica this Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Panama are ranked 61st in the world as opposed to their counterparts being placed 31st in the same list.
- Panama had won just once in their group stage games in the previous Gold Cup campaign and as expected this only victory had come against the dead-last placed Grenada.
- Costa Rica had topped Group D in the top-most League A, in the previous edition of the Nations League, and that too without losing a single fixture.
- They had remained winless in regular time of the semi-finals, as well as the 3rd place playoffs.
Tips for Panama vs Costa Rica
Costa Rica to Win @ 3.50 (5/2)
Correct Score: 2-1 Costa Rica @ 13.00 (12/1).