Pachuca vs Leon
Mexico – Liga MX Apertura
Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020
Kick-Off at 01:00 UK/ 02:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Miguel Hidalgo (Pachuca)
The Gophers started the season with a defeat. The loss to Club America was quite expected. But they have bounced back and are currently on a two-match unbeaten run. This will be their second consecutive home match after they won the recent one against Queretaro.
After finishing second in the Apertura 2019, Leon fans had high hopes for their team this year. They have done well up until the last match against heavyweights Cruz Azul. So both these teams have lost to top teams in the table which makes this match interesting.
Pachuca vs Leon: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The away team is on a three-match winning streak against Pachuca.
- Leon is unbeaten in the last four meetings with this opposition.
- All ten previous clashes across all venues produced goals at both ends of the field.
- The majority of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The home side has two wins and a loss in the last four head to head games at this ground.
- All four of those matches at this venue had goals from both sides.
- The majority of clashes here since 2015 produced over 2.5 goals at full time.
Pachuca vs Leon: Prediction
The head to head history between these two clearly points at a high scoring game this Wednesday. In eight of their last nine meetings since May 2016, the score had more than 2.5 goals. This also includes the six recent clashes at this ground too.
The home side has found the back of the net in all three of their games so far. At the same time, they have zero goal difference as they gave away all three of those goals. The away team has only one goal under their belt with the defense conceding two. But all their recent meetings regardless of the venue saw both of getting in the score sheet. I expect a high scoring game with both of them netting goals.
Pachuca vs Leon: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 (6/7).
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).