Ostersunds vs Falkenberg
Sweden – Allsvenskan
Date: Saturday, 29 August 2020
Kick-Off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Jamtkraft Arena (Ostersund)
The home team has found a purple patch in the league. Currently, they are enjoying a three-match winning run which has helped them to reach ninth in the table. Despite being in-form the increasing number of draws will hurt them at the end of the season. With the league getting competitive, every single point matters.
As expected the away team has fallen into the relegation battle early this season. It seems they have not learned anything from the mistakes they committed last season. With 28 goals conceded they have the second-worst number of goals conceded behind Kalmar and Helsingborg. Currently, they are on a five-game winless run of which the latest was the defeat to former champions Malmo.
Ostersunds vs Falkenberg: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The home team has three wins and two defeats in seven meetings with this opposition.
- Four of those games across different venues had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides scored in all four of those clashes as well.
- The hosts remain unbeaten in three head to head games at this ground.
- They are currently on a two-match winning run here against Falkenberg.
- All three meetings at this ground had goals from both sets of players.
- All those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Ostersunds vs Falkenberg: Prediction
The home side won the recent head to head clash with this opposition away from home. They are currently on a three-match winning streak while the more experienced Falkenbergs is going through a tough spell of play. By this rate, they are likely to end up in the second division in the next season. Ostersunds have the home advantage as they have never been beaten here by these visitors. So I think we will see a fourth consecutive win for the hosts this Saturday.
All the meetings between them here had plenty of goals. Both of them found the back of the net in all those games as well. Even though the visitors have been winless, they have recently scored past Malmo. If they could score against the strongest backline in the country, they could very well repeat it this weekend. So I am backing the hosts to win with goals at both ends of the field.
Ostersunds vs Falkenberg: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.80 (4/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).