Nottingham Forest vs Stoke City
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Nottingham City Ground.
The Reds have improved from last season but they could not continue their form throughout the entire season.
For instance they are currently on a winless run in five league games. This includes the defeat to a strong Fulham and then the stunning loss to relegation side Barnsley.
Stoke has found a new patch of form with three wins in their last five games. But they have nothing good to take away from this season. Defensive issued have been their curse this season with more goals conceded than scored.
Nottingham Forest vs Stoke City Head-to-head (h2h)
- Forest has three wins and a defeat in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches across all venues.
- Stoke City has never won at this ground in almost over two decades.
- Majority of their clashes here produced fewer than 2.5 goals as well.
- Stoke City has no wins in last eight fixtures on the road.
- Forest is winless in their last five matches in the league.
Nottingham Forest vs Stoke City Prediction
Stoke surprised us with the win over heavyweights Brentford in their last game. This perfectly summarizes their recent form. The only defeat they suffered in five previous league outings was against toppers Leeds United.
So they are strong enough to pose as a threat to Forest on Wednesday. But the hosts do not have the strength they had in the earlier part of the season now. We can expect a draw when these two meet at City Ground.
The visitors are on the worst away teams in the competition. But they have the back of the net more often than not. The scoring average for Stoke in away matches is a goal per game.
Likewise, Nottingham has a poor home run compared to their away form in this season.
Since the hosts are in the mood to conceded goals like we saw in their previous games, I think we can see both of them netting goals.
Nottingham Forest vs Stoke City Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).
Match to draw @ 3.40 (12/5).