Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 15 September 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: City Ground (Nottingham).
Under pressure boss Chris Hughton aims to guide Nottingham Forest back to winning ways when they welcome Middlesbrough on Wednesday night.
The 1-2 defeat against Cardiff City handed Forest their worst start to a season in 108 years and the team remained at the foot of the table after losing in 5 of the 6 league games.
They managed a draw against Derby County before international break, that remains their solitary positive in the season this far.
Boro too suffered a defeat on the weekend, 0-2 away at Coventry, however they were the better team in the second half.
The team managed by Neil Warnock is sitting at 18th in the table with 1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses from 6 games.
Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough Head-to-head
- Middlesbrough won both Championship fixtures against Forest last season, 2-1 at this ground and 1-0 home.
- Their last 6 meetings at this ground produced a winner, the teams shared 3 wins each.
- Both teams have scored in 3 of their last 4 Championship meetings.
- At this ground, we saw btts in 6 of the last 7.
- Also, 6 of the recent 7 meetings between the two at the City Ground saw over 2.5 goals.
Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough Prediction
Time is running out for Chris Hughton and anything less than a positive result against Middlesbroug could seal the fate.
Neil Warnock’s men are also struggling, though they haven’t played as badly as Nottingham Forest.
A draw is probably the best outcome for both teams and I believe either manager will take it if offered before kick-off at this stage.
Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough Betting Tips
Both teams to Score @ 2.00
Correct Full-time Score 1-1 @ 6.00 odd.