Norwich City vs Derby County
Date: 2nd January 2017, Monday.
Kick-off: 15:00 UK
Venue: Carrow Road, Norwich.
The ship called Norwich City is sinking after an uninspired goal-less draw at Brentford on matchday 24. The Canaries were looking good for the top spot in Championship as they were second in the table at the beginning of October. Their last 12 matches produced just 2 wins and 2 draws which resulted in them dropping to 12th in the standings. A play-off spot is still achievable as they are just 7 points short of the 6th placed Sheffield and there is still half a season to play.
Derby County were also held to a goal-less draw by Wigan. But they finished the year in style as they extended their unbeaten run in the league to 10 matches. Derby’s rise in form is the exact opposite to the Canaries. The Rams were 19th in the table by the end of October, with only 3 points separating them from the relegation zone. And right now, they are 7th in the table after picking 8 wins and 2 draws from 10 matches.
Norwich vs Derby: Head-to-head
- Derby County are unbeaten in the last three Championship matches against Norwich with 1 win and 2 draws.
- The revere leg of current season at the iPro Stadium was a 1-0 win for Derby.
- Derby also lead the recent head-to-head against Norwich with 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses from 9 matches.
- Eight of the last 9 matches between the two sides have seen both teams scoring and 7 of those witnessed over 2.5 goals.
- The Rams also picked up 2 wins and a draw in their last four visits to the Carrow Road, with Norwich managing to win once.
Norwich vs Derby: Prediction
Norwich are in desperate search for some inspiration to end their bad run of results. And it has to be pinpointed that a repeat of the performance in the 0-0 draw at Brentford will cost them dearly against a side like Derby.
Scoring goals is the main problem for Alex Neil’s men in recent outings as their defense has been leaking goals in plenty. They scored more than 1 goal just once in the last 8 games.
Steve McLaren’s side are in excellent form with their 10 match unbeaten run. They will be pretty confident in their trip to Carrow Road as they have considerable success in recent visits to this stadium. We can expect them to pile further misery on the struggling Norwich City.
Norwich vs Derby: Bet Tips
Derby County to win at 11/5 (3.20)
Over 2.5 goals at 2.10 (11/10).