Northampton vs Cheltenham
England League Two Play-Offs
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Sixfields Stadium (Northampton)
Northampton is another r team that has came a long way from last season. They are currently 7th in the league table with 17 wins so far. This is a major upgrade considering they were 15th at the end of last season. They have lost most of the league matches in the last quarter or so with 5 defeats in the last 7 games. They are also losing games at home with three defeats in the last 4 home fixtures.
Cheltenham is coming into the playoffs with an active unbeaten run. They have won 5 of their last 6 games in the league and the recent one was a draw. SO the hosts will have to be literally perfect to defeat the Robins.
Northampton vs Cheltenham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Robins have a 4 game unbeaten run going on against this opposition.
- They have 3 wins and a loss in their 5 previous meetings.
- Four of their latest clashes had goals from both the teams.
- Three of those games during that spell also had more than 2.5 goals.
- The hosts have 2 wins and a defeat in the last 5 head to head matches at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those games also.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in total on four of those games.
- The visitors are on a 6 game unbeaten streak in the league.
Northampton vs Cheltenham: Prediction
The visitors are the far better team among the tow. They have the best defense in the competition this season with just 27 goals given away so far. Also, the hosts have faded at the end of the regular season losing games back to back. The Robins on the other hand has learned from their mistakes and finished the season on a high. So I think the away team will have the chance to progress to the playoff finals.
The head to head stats clearly shows the trend of both team’s netting goals. Both of them managed to score past the other in the 4 recent meetings across all venues. Since this is an important game the hosts will be in the mood to attack and give the visiting defense a challenge. So we can expect this match to have goals from both sides.
Northampton vs Cheltenham: Betting Tips
- Cheltenham to qualify for the final @ 1.80 (4/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.95 (10/11).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.