Nimes vs Saint-Etienne
France – Coupe de la Ligue
Date: Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Stade des Costières (Nîmes).
The newly promoted Nimes take on seasoned campaigner Saint-Etienne in midweek’s Coupe de la Ligue round of 32.
Nimes put some solid performances in the top flight so far and sit at a comfortable 11th spot in the league table. They bagged a narrow 1-0 away win at Strasborug on the weekend and the head-coach Bernard Blaquart will be keen to carry the momentum to the cup game on Tuesday.
AS Saint-Étienne did have a strong start to their Ligue 1 campaign and occupy 5th spot on the log with a 4 point gap from the second placed Lyon. The foregone weekend saw them traveling to Lyon, a 6-pointer battle they fell short by 1-0.
Nimes vs Saint-Etienne Head-to-head
- The teams met in the Ligue 1 earlier this season, at this same home venue of Nimes and settled for a 1-1 stalemate.
- There has been 7 meetings between the two clubs in the last 10 years, St-Etienne lead the h2h by 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss.
- It will be worth to note that Nimes are unbeaten at home in the period with the 4 games producing a win and 3 draws.
- None of their last 7 h2h meetings produced an away win.
- Only 1 of their last 5 h2h meetings saw over 2.5 goals.
Nimes vs Saint-Etienne Prediction
Without a doubt, St. Etienne are the better side on paper; but their away run of results give us little confidence to back them for a win.
The home form of Nimes is little to write about, but they are an unpredictable team and come here with the stats of 1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses from the 5 home games so far.
Considering the away team’s difficulties in their h2h meetings to pick up a win, we can bank on a double chance for Nimes as a respectable bet for this game.
Also, I believe goals will be at a premium here, considering the latest 4 home games of Nimes producing a total of 3 goals scored. Meanwhile, 4 of last 5 games of St-Etienne across all venues saw the same.
Nimes vs Saint-Etienne Betting Tips
Double Chance – Nimes or Draw @ 5/11 (1.45)
Total Goals – Under 2.5 goals @ 4/5 (1.80).