Newells Old Boys vs Colon
Date: Sunday, 23 February 2020
Kick-Off at 00:45 UK/ 01:45 CET
Venue: Estadio Marcelo Bielsa (Rosario)
There is a big difference between these two teams in terms of their positions in the league table.
Old boys will have to fight hard to keep their spot in the Copa Sudamericana. They are undefeated in their last six Superliga matches. Also, they lost just 2 of their 10 home matches winning 6 in return.
Colon has a great record against this opposition. But this season they are at the bottom half of the table struggling to get 3 points. They have failed to win their last 22 league games on the road. So this game is going to be really interesting.
Newells Old Boys vs Colon: Head-to-head (h2h)
- In their last five meetings, Colon won 4 matches and lost once.
- They have a 2 match win streak against this opposition.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in four of their five recent meetings in the league.
- The hosts have not won against Colon in front of their home fans since June 2011.
- Colon has a 4 match win streak at this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in 5 previous head to head games at this ground.
Newells Old Boys vs Colon: Prediction
The visitors have lost just one of their last five Superliga games against Old boys. They are currently on a 4 match win streak at this ground. But their away form does not give them any hope against an in-form opposition. The home team remains unbeaten in 6 matches. So I am backing the home side to win comfortably.
Four of the latest five head to head matches saw a final score with less than 2.5 goals. In eight of their 11 previous clashes, a similar full-time score was recorded. Hence it is pretty sure that on Sunday we will see a low scoring game with fewer than 2.5 goals
Newells Old Boys vs Colon: Betting Tips
Newells Old Boys to win @ 1.65 (7/11).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.70 (7/10).