Manchester City’s season have turned around lately, after kicking French giants PSG out of the Champions League Quarter final, they brutalised Chelsea 3 goals to nothing in their own backyard at Stamford Bridge over the weekend.
This Tuesday, the Citizens will be travelling to St. James’ Park to face relegation candidates Newcastle United as they hope to continue their good form and maintain their top four spot.
Newcastle on the other hand are hoping to build on their 3-0 win against Swansea to get something out of this game as they battle to avoid relegation.
- Manchester City are in a good run of form, they are unbeaten in their last 5 games in all competitions, they have won 4 and drew 1.
- Manchester City have also kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away premier league games.
- Newcastle are having a poor form, they are without a win in 5 of their last 6 games, they have won 1 lost 4 and drew 1.
Newcastle: Team News
New castle have 7 players on serious injury which includes goal keeper Tim Krul.
Janmaat and Taylor are doubts and yet to be certified fit for the game.
Newcastle: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Dummett, lascelles, Mbemba, Anita
Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Townsend
Manchester City: Team News
Sterling is still out on injury and the captain Kompany is still struggling for fitness but could come in as a substitute.
Manchester City: predicted Line Up (4-2-3-1)
Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov
Navas, Bruyne, Nasri
Newcastle vs Manchester City: Head-To-Head stats
- Manchester City have dominated the ties between them and Newcastle, they have won 12 of their last 14 meetings.
- Manchester City have also kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away games against Newcastle.
- Manchester City have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 games against Newcastle
Newcastle vs Manchester City: Prediction
Manchester City are clear favourites in this fixtures with their new found form, having been unbeaten in their last 5 games which includes beating Chelsea 3:0 at Stamford Bridge.
Best bet: Manchester City win or draw
With Manchester city’s goal scoring form recently and their goal scoring form against Newcastle, i expect City to score at least 2 goals in the game.(over 1.5 goals)
Risky bet: Aguero to score