Newcastle United vs Ipswich Town
England League Championship
Date: Saturday, 22nd October 2016,
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK
Venue: St. James Park, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Newcastle United will welcome Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon at St. James’ Park as they hope to extend their winning streak streak to 5 games.
Newcastle will enter this game from a 0-2 away win on Tuesday, which helped them maintain their lead in the table. They are on the first spot with 28 points, a point above Norwich City in the Second place.
Newcastle are currently unbeaten in their last 6 games in all competitions, with 5 wins and a draw. They are on a 4 games winning streak, and they have scored at least 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 games.
Meanwhile, Ipswich got back to winning ways on Tuesday night, they defeated Burton Albion 2-0. Their win on Tuesday night halted their 5-game winless streak which have also seen them struggle for goals.
Prior to Tuesday’s game, Ipswich suffered goal drought, as they have failed to score in their previous 5 games. Ipswich will be needing a replica of Tuesday’s performance if they want to get something out of this game.
Newcastle United vs Ipswich Town: Head to Head Statistics
- Both teams have played a lot of games against each other, they have played a total of 34 games.
- Newcastle have won 14 games against Ipswich, drawn 10 and lost 10 to Ipswich.
- At home, Newcastle have won 8 games, drawn 6 and lost 3 games to Ipswich town.
- Newcastle have a good scoring record against Ipswich, they have scored 54 goals against Ipswich (28 at home)
- Newcastle have dominated their last 6 meetings with 3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat to Ipswich.
Newcastle United vs Ipswich Town: Prediction
Newcastle are huge favourites in this game, also they will be playing in front of their home fans. Newcastle have been excellent in recent weeks, their performances are way better than Ipswich’s fluctuating form.
Ipswich have just a win in their last 6 games, with 4 goalless draws and 2 defeats. They will find it difficult to contain Newcastle’s Pressure at St. James’ Park.
Newcastle United vs Ipswich Town: Tips
Newcastle to win at 1.44 (4/9)
Over 1.5 goals for Newcastle at 1.61 (8/13).