Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory
Australia A-League, Season 2016/17.
Date: Sunday 15 January, 2017
Kick-Off: 5pm AEDT/ 6am UK
Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle.
Newcastle Jets will welcome Perth Glory to McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle on Sunday the 15th of January to close out round 15.
The Jets sit in sixth spot with 16 points while the Glory are just above them in fifth place on 17 points.
Last round saw an upset by Newcastle as they defeated Brisbane Roar 3-2 to get a memorable away win.
Same result happened for Perth in their last game as they won 2-1 at home to Wellington Phoenix.
Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory: Head-to-Head Statistics
- Perth have a dominant head-to-head record with 19 wins compared to Newcastle’s 6.
- There have been 6 draws but the last one has not occurred since the 2013/14 season.
- Last time these sides met was in Peth where Newcastle produced a 3-2 upset win.
- Before Newcastle’s win in Perth earlier n the season, the Glory had won the last 8 matches against the Jets.
- Newcastle’s last home win against Perth was back in round 5 of the 2011/12 season.
Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory: Prediction
After coming off wins, both sides will want to grab consecutive wins to move up the table and well into the top 6.
Newcastle should have momentum after their big win last week and knowing they have beaten Perth already this season, they will be confident of winning this match.
Perth have not away in the past 6 matches so they will be looking to rectify that with a strong performance at McDonald Jones Stadium.
However, Perth have won their last 5 matches against Newcastle at this stadium so they should take confidence that they can win there.
A win for the Jets will see them jump above Perth on the table into fifth spot, while a Glory win will keep them clear in fifth place, away from Newcastle.
Last week’s performance from the Newcastle Jets should not be ignored and should do enough to get the win against Perth Glory in this fixture.
The last five matches of both teams have seen both teams scoring and therefore this one could produce at least 3 goals in total.
Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory: Bet Tips
Jets to win and Over 2.5 goals at 21/10 (3.20).