Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne City
Australia – A-League
Date: Sunday, 15 December 2019
Kick-off at 7:30 UK/ 8:30 CET
Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium.
As both teams have shown an improvement in their form lately, we can expect a high scoring affair at McDonald Jones Stadium.
- Newcastle Jets form: 7 matches – 2 wins – 2 draws – 3 losses – 8 points.
- Melbourne City form: 8 matches – 5 wins – 1 draw – 2 losses – 16 points.
Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne City Head-to-head (h2h)
- City has registered three of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Both teams have scored goals in three of the last five fixtures.
- Their previous encounter in February 2019 gave a 3-1 home win for the Jets.
- Hearts previously tasted victory here in April 2018 meeting.
Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne City Prediction
Suffering their third loss in the contest against Adelaide United on the road, Newcastle United will be glad to return to their own turf.
The Jets have marked all possible outcomes one each at home in this league season so far. So, Ernie Merrick’s players form at home ground is doubtful in the event.
However, their lone win at home in three attempts was against WS Wanderers with a 2-0 score on the board.
Meanwhile, Melbourne City has stayed at the second spot in the table after the 0-3 defeat against Perth Glory in their previous league clash.
Besides that, the Heart has lost only once in their four away games until now in the campaign. It was against Brisbane Roar with a 4-3 score line.
However, they have recorded two wins in their away fixtures. Hence, Erick Mombaerts and his men has a comparatively better run in the league than the Jets.
So, it is safer to go with a double chance favouring Melbourne City in the game.
Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne City Betting tips
Double chance: Draw or Melbourne City @ 1.44 (4/9).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.66 (4/6).