Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar FC
Australia – A-League
Date: Wednesday, 2nd January 2019
Kick-off at 08.50 UK/ 09.50 CET
Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium (Newcastle).
Newcastle Jets play hosts to Brisbane Roar FC in this 12th round fixture of the Australian A-League at the McDonald Jones Stadium. The game takes place on Wednesday.
Brisbane Roar FC is the 9th team in the table and has posted 6 points on the board. Their record reads 1 win, 3 draws and 6 losses. The team scored 11 goals and conceded 19 in return.
Newcastle Jets is 7th in league standings and has 11 points against their name. The team has scored 10 times and got back 13 in return. Newcastle Jets won 3 of their games, drew 2 and lost the remaining 5.
The last match-day, Newcastle Jets lost against Adelaide United, at home. At the end of regulation time, the scoreline read 1-2. Brisbane Roar FC lost against Sydney, on the road, in their last game, and the final score was 2-1.
Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar Head-to-head (h2h)
- Brisbane Roar FC lost the last h2h match against Newcastle Jets.
- Newcastle Jets won 3 of their last 6 matches.
- Brisbane Roar FC lost their last 5 games.
- Newcastle Jets was winless in 5 of their last 6 home-ties.
- Brisbane Roar FC was winless in 9 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Newcastle Jets has scored in 7 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 4 of their last 9 home-ties.
- Brisbane Roar FC has scored in 7 of their last 9 overall games, and in 11 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Vargas R has been the best player for Newcastle Jets with 3 goals and 0 assists this season, and Taggart A for Brisbane Roar FC, with 6 goals and 0 assists.
Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar Prediction
Except for a draw against the Wanderers, Brisbane Roar has lost every single one of their away games this season. As of now, they are winless in nine of their last ten away matches, and seven of them have been losses.
On top of that, Newcastle Jets have won the last four h2h games in a row against Brisbane. Everything points to a Newcastle victory in this tie.
Brisbane has conceded goals in all away matches of this season, and in all away matches of 2018. In fact, Brisbane has conceded at least two goals in every single one of their away matches this season. They have conceded a total of 21 goals in their last nine away ties.
The Jets will view this game as an opportunity to get themselves into the playoffs quarterfinals mix and will play accordingly against Brisbane. The Jets will score at least two goals in this tie.
Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar Betting Tips
To Win: Newcastle Jets @ 1.93 (10/11)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Newcastle Jets @ 1.83 (5/6).